Wednesday, April 23, 2008

happy staff appreciation day

so i think this is what used to be called secretary's day. and then it was administrative assistant's day. and now it's staff appreciation day? political correctness taken to the extreme...

regardless of the name of the "holiday," my office decided to bring in ben & jerry's and set up an ice cream sundae bar for all of the "staff." randomly my coworker and i always get on the "staff" emails. i think it's because they don't know what to do with our group (yeah, we're that special). usually i just ignore them all but when this one came through my interest was peaked. how could i turn down ice cream on a day like today? (ok, on any day).

so i just went upstairs to get my ice cream. it was delicious. also our office manager was handing out some sort of coupon so i went over to get mine (figuring it was for free ice cream or something like that). well it turned out to be a coupon for one free day off from work. are you kidding me? i took one look at it and said, "no thank you," and handed it back. my office is such a joke.

No comments: