Wednesday, September 10, 2008

things that annoy me - part VIII

it's been a while since an annoyance post...

44. people who don't use blinkers.
this is just plain unsafe. and i hate when people use the excuse, "well, there's no one behind me." don't you know it's just as important to use your blinkers for the people driving the other way?!

45. people who spell my name wrong.
ok, i realize that a lot of people spell rachel with an a. that's fine, and i don't really mind if i get a rachael once in a while. what really bugs me is when i send someone an email and in their response they call me rachael. my name is correctly spelled in no less than three places (my email address, my signature and i usually also type out my name). are people really that lazy?!

46. walking and reading.
i see people doing this all the time. i just don't get it - is your book that good that you can't wait until you can sit and read it? i mean seriously people - it's kind of dangerous to walk and read.

47. rolling briefcases.
are these really necessary? i mean if you can't carry a bag i think you have a pretty big problem. and in my eyes they just cause a lot more commotion at the metro stations.

48. arlington police.
now that we've moved we're living right by the arlington county police department. it's great - there are cops everywhere and i feel so safe! the problem is that they park all the cop cars in the street and leave them all on. why on earth do they need to leave the motors running?

No comments: